Lisa Bragaw, PharmD, 200-hr E-RYT, 500-hr RYT, YACEP will lead this fun and interactive workshop.
This program is open to all interested in learning more about the body and benefits of yoga.
Yoga Teachers who participate in this 2-day training will be eligible for continuing education credits through Yoga Alliance.
Participants will be able to:
• Describe anatomical terms and principles
• Identify key bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons
• Describe the benefits of bandhas, core stability, and breathing in yoga asanas
• Incorporate topics covered into their own yoga practice and classes they will be instructing, including providing modifications and variations to poses to accommodate individual needs
• Anatomical “lingo” (terms and definitions)
• Bones, Muscles, Tendons & Ligaments
• Upper body:
• Abs and core stability
• Upper spine
• Shoulder joint and girdle (incl rotator cuff)
• Neck & Head
• Discuss twists, backbends
• Review of “lingo”
• Lower body:
• Pelvic girdle
• Lower spine
• Lungs, Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems
• Wrap Up
• Q & A
$70 for both days
Save $10 if pre-registered by 2/22/18. Enter PROMO code: BONES at check out.
This workshop is available for continuing education credits for Yoga Instructors through Yoga Alliance.
Register online under our workshops tab: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=23274&stype=-8&sView=day&sLoc=0